Monday 10 February 2014

Cress

*****
5 Stars/5


Cinder and Thorne are still fugitives from both Luna and Earth forces, and along with Scarlet and Wolf are determined to stop Levana’s wedding to Kai and her plans for Earth. Their best hope is to free Cress, a Luna shell who has been stuck alone in a satellite for 7 years but is an excellent hacker. After Cress’s rescue attempt goes terribly wrong the group are separated, and they have to fight to survive and find each other again to have any hope to overthrow Queen Levana.

Cress is the brilliant third book in the Lunar Chronicles and it is just as good as Cinder and Scarlet, as it was fast paced and never dull. Meyer did a good job with the different POVs as she never focused too much on one character and I never got confused about whose mind we were in. However, while I love this book, it had the feel of a middle book as it was mostly set up for the last book, Winter.

I like how Cinder is surer of herself in this book and is will to risk her life for people she has never met, but she is still trying to deal with the morals of using her powers even for good. I also like how, even though they are miles apart, both Kai and Cinder are struggling with their responsibilities even with fighting again the odds. I really liked Cress as she is a very different person from Cinder or Scarlet as she is very naïve and not confident but gets past this by pretending to be someone else and going into her own imagination.

I did not get on that well with Thorne in Scarlet, however, I really liked him in this book as we get to see how intentionally heroic yet imperfect he is, although he does remind me a lot of Flynn Rider in Tangled. I felt very sorry for Wolf in this book and I missed Scarlet, as even though she is in this book we did not see as much of her as we did in the last book. My favourite character is Iko as she makes me smile and I hope she gets a happy ending.


We get to see a bit of Winter’s character in this book and I cannot wait to see what happens in the next in the last book. I would recommend Cress to people who enjoyed reading the first 2 books.

No comments:

Post a Comment