Thursday 30 October 2014

The New Agenda

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Simone Pond for giving me this book to review.

Ava is determined to find Morray, so she looks into his past, but what she discovers is not what she expected. Teenage Morray has always believed in his father, who is the head of the Repatterning program, and all he wants to do is earn his father’s approval. When William and his mother are sent to an underground shelter he discovers the truth about the Repatterning program. William teams up with a rebel group to try and stop his father and save those who are left.

The New Agenda is the OK prequel to The City Center, it has a bit from after the events of the last book but mostly set in the not too distant future. I felt this book would have worked better as a novella as I felt the story had to be dragged out a bit, but that being said it was enjoyable to discover how the apocalypse began.

The main problem I had with this book is that I did not like William, even in the beginning, and I don’t think it is just because my view of him was coloured by from the last book. I was nice to see Ava and Joseph again, even if it was not for much, and what has happened to them after The City Center.
                      
I did not enjoy this book as much as The City Center and I hope next book Pond writes is about either Ava or a more likable character. I would recommend The New Agenda to those who have read The City Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment