Monday 16 January 2017

The Secret City

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Little, Brown Book Group UK for giving me this book to review.

The Secret City is an enjoyable paranormal sequel to The Secret Fire which is fast paced. There more romance in this book and more action but I never felt worried about whether Sacha and Taylor would survive. One touch in this book I liked was the use of different symbols at the start of each chapter to show whose POV it is, out of Taylor, Sacha and Louisa.

Taylor is struggling to learn control of her powers but is more confident than she was in the last book; however, I still found that she was just too perfect. Sacha feels useless and is unsure how he can be helpful in stopping his curse, which he is growing more fearful about as it draws closer. I like how sweet the romance between Sacha and Taylor is and how they would do anything to keep each other safe. We get to learn more about Louisa and her past in this book which I liked.

I found the ending anticlimactic and I cannot tell if this book is the end of the series. I would recommend The Secret City to fans of the first book The Secret Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment