Tuesday 27 February 2018

The Rogue Queen

***
3/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Skyscape for giving me this book to review.

The Rogue Queen is the third book in the fast paced and girl power Hundredth Queen series. This book had the best world building in the series so far and has action, adventure, and romance. While I really liked the friendships in this book, I am so tired of love triangles and I didn’t feel it needed to happen again between Kali, Deven, and Ashwin.

Kali is reckless as she does not listen to people’s advice or think before she acts but by the end she seems to have some more character growth and considers the consequences of her actions. I wish Deven would grow a backbone, as he just whined and didn’t talk to Kali about anything, but he is brave and very loyal. Ashwin is kind, noble, and naïve but is also trying to reverse the wrongs for the previous book and really wants what is best for his people. My favourite character is Natesa as she is so sassy, has been through so much, and saves everyone so many times.


I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading The Warrior Queen, the next book. I would recommend The Rogue Queen to fans of the rest of The Hundredth Queen series.

No comments:

Post a Comment