Sunday 29 April 2018

Everless

****
4/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Hachette Children’s Group for giving me this book to review.

Everless is a compelling and unique story which I really liked. Some expectations I had based off similar YA fantasy books were challenged and twisted which made it quite interesting. The book was descriptive and really well written but also darker than I was expecting. It was full of fantasy and I really liked the idea of time being currency and the mystery with Jules determined to find the truth. I also liked that there was only the barest hint of romance as I feel it would have taken away from the book.

Jules is such a good character who is shrewd, thoughtful, and cautious but also trusting and naïve. The secondary characters are well described and multi-layered, and I understood their motives and that they had their won lives. Ina, Liam, and Caro were especially well written, and I am very interested to read more about them.

I really did not expect the ending, which means there is a massive cliffhanger, and I am eager to start reading the next book Evermore. I would recommend Everless to fans to The Gilded Cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment