Thursday 31 October 2013

You Are Mine

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Chardonian Press for giving me this book to review.
                             
Serena has always known that she will be owned by a Warlock and they will be able to punish her if she does something her warlock does not like. After her horrible fiancée is killed her engagement is passed over to a barbarian, Zade, from another land. When Serena makes some decisions which would have caused her to be punished at home, Zade looks the other way, Serena starts to think that not all warlocks are all bad. But Serena and Zade are in danger from people who do not want him in Chardonia, in a position of power.

You Are Mine is a really interesting fantasy world with good pacing and at some points I could not put it down. I would have liked to learn more about the magic system in this world as we only get a limited insight into how the magic works.

I like Serena as she is very protective of those she cares about, and will do anything for them. However, she is not perfect as she makes some choices which she did not think through or were that sensible which makes her very relatable. I also got on with Zade as he wants to fit in with his fellow warlocks but he is not willing to go against what he believes is right, but I would have like to know about his past and his country and why they are labelled as barbarians. One thing I would have liked more of in this book is romance as it was a little bit lacking.

This is a really good book and I want to see what happens next in Mine to Spell. I would recommend You Are Mine to people who liked Broken Aro by Jen Wylie or Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan.

No comments:

Post a Comment