Friday 24 January 2014

Runes

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Firetrail Publishing for giving me this book to review.

17 year old Raine has a lot on her mind, with her father missing, presumed dead after a plane crash, and her romantic feelings for her best friend Eirik. But then a good looking boy, Torin, moves in next door, and she is drawn to him even though she can tell there is something different about him. After he saves her life from another supernatural person she gets curious about Torin. But with members of the swim team dying is she able to trust him?

Runes is an OK book but it reminded too much of Twilight. Also there is no explanation about what supernatural creatures they were until near the end of the book, and during the rest of the book not much happens.

I did not like Raine as she strung Eirik along even though she knew she was developing feelings for Torin, also she accepted magic way too easily and looked down on people. I am getting bored of the bad boy types with hearts of gold so I did not connect to Torin and whilst I like good guys I just found Eirik dull.


I had hoped that Runes would be a good book but I just could not get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment