Sunday 2 April 2017

Princess of Tyrone

****
4/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Curiosity Quills Press for giving this book to review.

Princess of Tyrone is a very enjoyable, fun and cute sci-fi retelling of sleeping beauty. It is fast paced and has lots of references to other fairy-tales. However, I did find it predicable and needed a bit more world building.

Apolline is strong, daring and is able to stand up for herself, but she is also sarcastic, a tomboy, honest and honourable. Allard is genuine, friendly and charming, he is also really relatable as he wants to be the best king he could possibly be.

I liked the villain Bryanna as she was understandable and I could see how she became who she was. There are lots of supporting characters like the fairies, Sophronia, Fantine and Ashlan, the father figure, Charlie, and Beau and Nathanial who I hope we get to see more of in future books.


I am looking to reading the next book in the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles, Myths of Mish. I would recommend Princess of Tyrone to fans of The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment