Saturday 16 September 2017

Death's Queen

****
4/5



Death’s Queen is a new novel by Janeal Falor which is fast paced and predictable but I never found it boring. There was action, politics and some romance but I felt that this part was a bit too rushed. I really liked this world and the idea of a drink deciding who the next Queen is. I can understand the comparison to the Throne of Glass series but as I found that series to be underwhelming, this book is much better in my opinion.

The Queen (who has no name which makes it difficult to talk about her in this review) has so many walls around herself, which makes it hard for her to open up but she is very strong, does not care about other people’s negative opinions of her which shows in her lack of social skills, but during this book has a good development arc. There are a few secondary characters but my favourite is Nash as he is loyal, intelligent and protective but is also not afraid to speak his mind.


I really enjoyed this novel and am looking forward to reading the next book Death’s Betrayal. I would recommend this book to fans of YA fantasy books with magic, royalty and assassins.

No comments:

Post a Comment