Friday 20 October 2017

Island of Exiles


***
3/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Entangled Publishing for giving me this book to review.

Island of Exiles is a good book with an interesting story and world which is a post-apocalyptic fantasy novel. It was well written with good world building, interesting characters, full of action and a romance which was there but did not take over the story. I really enjoy fantasy books but I found the names and titles overly confusing which caused me to feel that it was slow to start. Similarly, the three genders confused me as it was not explained that Ebet were a different gender and for ages I thought it was a spelling mistake. However, I did like that nobody cared about others sexuality, whether they be bisexual, asexual or somewhere in-between, which is not common in most books.

Khya is strong, protective and dedicated but is also stubborn and selfish. There are three other main characters, Yorri who is intelligent, Tessen who I like as he is cunning but good, and Sanii who had a lot of potential which I hope is explored further in future books.


This is an enjoyable book and I am looking forward to reading the next book Sea of Strangers. I would recommend Island of Exiles to fans of unusual fantasy novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment