Saturday 26 May 2018

The Smoke Thieves

****
4/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Penguin Random House UK for giving me this book to review

Smoke Thieves is a really good high fantasy novel with adventure, political intrigue and demons. I really like the five different point of views and how their stories started off as mostly separate but connected by the end. It was fast paced, and I felt like the world building was pretty solid as I understood the different cultures of the countries, especially Brigant and Pitoria.

Catherine is intelligent and driven to be accepted by create her own path and be her own person, not under the foot of her father or brother. Ambrose is loyal and honourable and very protective of Catherine and his family. March, I think was my least favourite as I felt like he didn’t question anything and was always a follower. Edyon was my favourite character as he is charming and a quick talker. Tash is nimble and sassy and while still a child she seemed mature for her age.

I enjoyed this book and I hope we don’t have long to wait for the next book. I would recommend to fans of the Darkhaven books and The Orphan Queen series.

No comments:

Post a Comment