Monday 24 December 2018

The Last Namsara


***
3/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Orion Publishing Group for giving me this book to review.

The Last Namsara is an enjoyable fantasy novel with dragons, action and forbidden romance. This world was complex and the story had a unique twist I did not see coming.

Asha is fearless but is also carrying around a lot of guilt and wants to prove that she is not wicked like people think. I much preferred Torwin, compared to Asha as he fights for what he wants, sees the true value of things and does not give up. However, while I like both Asha and Torwin, I was not a fan of their romance, as there was too bigger difference in the power within the relationship and I could not understand why he liked her. The other characters could have had more development as I felt I didn’t know them that well and I hope we get to know them better in the next book.

While it was not perfect it was a good debut book and I am looking forward to reading the next book The Caged Queen. I would recommend The Last Namsara to fans of The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski and Dragon Trails by Ava Richardson.

No comments:

Post a Comment