Monday 22 June 2015

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

*****
5 Stars/5


Warning, this review has spoilers for this book and the entire series.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the third book in the Harry Potter series and you can tell that the tone of the books are getting darker. I felt this book was faster paced and better story than the first two book as when I first read it I did not expect that Sirius was innocent. This Harry Potter book is unique as it is the only novel without Voldemort, which shows that his followers can be just as dangerous.

Harry feels trapped in this book as he is over protected, for his safety and feels no one is telling him anything. I really like Lupin as I can relate to him, he has a tragic affliction yet it never affected how he treated people and was a very good teacher. However, while Sirius is an interesting character I don’t love him like so many others do.

While I love this book there are somethings that don’t make sense. Firstly Bogarts in this book don’t show real fears, as even when I was 10 my fears are not things like spiders and mummy’s but more abstract like harm happening to my family. Another thing is how come Fred and George never noticed that an unknown man was in either Percy or Ron’s room on the marauders’ map? Also if Hogsmead is the only muggle free place then how come most wizards have no understanding of the muggle world? Finally it is obvious the Rowling had not planned the Deathly Hallows as here is this all powerful invisibility cloak which is meant to hide a person from everything but apparently can be seen on a map made by teenage boys.


I love Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and the entire series and I would recommend it to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment