Friday 16 October 2015

Queen of Eventide

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Matthew Ward for giving me this book to review.

Maddie’s life has fallen apart and she has moved back home to Nottingham to try and sort her life out. However, she gets caught up in a war she could not imagine, with the Dark Lady. As the Dark Lady’s influence grows, Nottingham is turning aggressive and Maddie is being pursued across the city and the realm of Eventide. With the help of old and new friends, can Maddie discover the truth before it is too late?

Queen of Eventide is a paranormal/fantasy novel which has a twist on the story of Robin Hood. There was nothing wrong with this book but I just could not get into it and I was not drawn into the story.

I found it really hard to connect to Maddie, especially as I felt she was too hard on her mother, but apart from that she was a normal person with a lot of issues, although I could not figure out her age. I liked Charles King as he was quirky and flamboyant. All the other characters were flat and I did not really care about what happened to them.


Queen of Eventide had potential but I could not get into it and DNF at 55%.

No comments:

Post a Comment