Monday 30 July 2018

Ace of Shades

****
4/5



Thanks to Netgalley and HQ for giving me this book to review.

Ace of Shades is a brilliant fantasy book which is fast paced and full of sexual tension, and I really enjoyed the Las Vegas style setting. The book is filled with morally grey characters but I did find it a bit predictable, and that the relationships the characters had seemed to develop unrealistically fast. The book was very descriptive which brings New Reyes to life.

Enne starts of very naïve and snobbish as she always feels like she is overlooked but grows to become someone who fits in and belongs in the city of sin. Levi is my favourite character as he is witty and loyal to his Irons but is also focused on keeping his reputation, even if he is not afraid to be vulnerable.

I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next book King of Fools. I would recommend Ace of Shades to fans of Six of Crows, Caraval and Foody’s first book Daughter of the Burning City.

No comments:

Post a Comment