Monday 22 April 2013

The Rose Throne

**
2 Stars/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Egmont USA for giving me this book to review.

Ailsbet has always been ignored by the court and her father the King, as she has no magic, and who’s only loves music and she wishes it is more appreciated in Rurik, which favours the aggressive magic Taweyr. However when she discovers that she has a dangerous secret, Ailsbet has to use all the skills she has learn at her father’s court to keep it hidden and her alive. In Weirland, princess Issa is happy with her responsibility looking after the Neweyr in her land; however when Lord Kellin offers the hand of the prince of Rurik as an alliance between the two islands. With a prophecy about a child of the two countries reuniting the islands are either of the princesses’ part of the prophecy and are they able to marry for love.

The Rose Throne is an OK YA fantasy book which I just could not get into and enjoy. Part of the problem is that the magic system of Taweyr and Neweyr is not really explained very well.

Even though both Issa and Ailsbet are described as being very different, I always had to check whose point of view it was at the beginning of the chapter, otherwise I could not tell each of their chapters apart. All of the characters, even the main ones, I could just not connect too and I did not care about what happened to them even when some of them died.

I am not planning on reading the rest of the series as I just do not care about what happens next. I would only recommend The Rose Throne to people who have liked other books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment