Thursday 4 July 2013

Grasping at Eternity

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Starry Sky Publishing for giving me this book to review.

Maryah is an elemental, a person who can remember their past lives and has special powers. However, at the end of her last life she Erased, meaning she thinks she is an ordinary girl and cannot remember anything about her other lives and her powers. After tragedy strikes Maryah’s family, she moves to live with her godmother, Louise Luna, and her family in Sedona, not knowing that they have known each other for centuries. Maryah’s loss of memory is especially hard for her soul mate Nathan, as she has no idea who he is and that she should love him, instead of not knowing him and hating him. Will the Luna family be able to get her memory back, before The Nefarious try and target her again?

Grasping at Eternity is a YA paranormal novel which is an enjoyable and quick read. It is told from the point of view of both Maryah and Nathan which makes the story both descriptive and romantic.

I like Maryah as she acts how I would expect a person who has been through such a tragedy would do but tries to be strong. However, I do have to agree with one of the characters Carson, in that Maryah is the most clueless heroines I have read. I also like Nathan as he is so caring and protective yet also very tormented as well. I liked the secondary characters as well as they all had their own unique personalities, however, my favourite has to be Carson, as he says it how it is.


I liked this book and will definitely be reading Taking Back Forever to see what happens next. I would recommend Grasping at Eternity to fans of the Benedicts series by Joss Stirling and the Night World series by L. J. Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment