Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Mime Order

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Bloomsbury Publishing Plc for giving me this book to review.

Paige has just escaped from the prison camp Shoel I but she is still in danger. Scion has put a price on her head making Paige the most wanted person, forcing her to go back under the thumb of Jaxon for protection and influence. Paige wants to warn the voyant world about the Rephaim and what they have been doing. However, with the syndicate full of secrets and dangers, and the Warden still missing, massive changes are happening and are going to affect Paige in ways she could not imagine.

The Mime Order is the really good sequel to The Bone Season, as it is still original concept, with action, mystery and a bit of romance. It is really descriptive but sometimes a bit much and while the first half was a bit slow the second half really picks up the pace. Also Shannon has got the hang of describing the passing of time, but it helped that this book is set over a shorter length of time.

It was nice to see Paige in her comfort zone in London, and although she has grown in her time at Shoel I she is a really tough young woman who doesn’t know who to trust. The Warden is still a big mystery and I wish he was in this book more. I really liked that we got to learn more about the Seven Seals but I think there is more to discover about them.


This is a really good book with a twist at the end I did not see coming, and I am really looking forward to the next book. I would recommend The Mime Order to people who enjoyed the first book The Bone Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment