Wednesday 28 March 2018

Dwarves of Calcus

***
3/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Curiosity Quills Press for giving me this book to review.

Dwarves of Calcus is the third book in the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles, based of Snow White, but it is my least favourite so far. It was fast paced and really well written, but the story did not grab me, and the romance was way to fast, as one second they meet, the next they feel in love.

Snow is a good character and I liked how confident and smart she is but with normal faults like body image issues. My favourite character is Timothy as he was so sweet and awkward which made him so endearing, but I did not like it when he started to change and grow more confident about a third of the way into the book, firstly because it pushed the idea that the only way people can gain self-confidence is though a relationship, and secondly, it made him into another forgettable YA hero do doesn’t have any unique qualities.


While this is not my favourite in the series I am still looking forward to reading the next book, Sisters of Mahkba, when it comes out. I would recommend Dwarves of Calcus to fans of the first two books in the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment