Monday 22 October 2012

The False Prince


****
4 Star/5

The False Prince is about a 14 year old boy called Sage who is taken, along with 3 other boys who look alike, by a noble called Connor, who will choose one of them to impersonate the king’s long lost son and make him a puppet prince.


I really liked this book as it is a nice light read which will appeal to everyone young and old, and while the book is a bit predictable, it is not as bad as other books in this genre. Sage is a really likeable and relatable teenage boy and while at first he comes across as arrogant and annoying he is actually nice and selfless.

I enjoyed the way Nielsen wrote the relationship between the boys and how they became friends through shared experiences but at the same time how they were rivals as they know that only one will be chosen and the others will die.

This is a really good book which reminded me a bit of the Thief by Megan Whalen Turner, but I preferred this one as I could relate more to the characters. I would recommend this book to people who like the Belgariad or Eragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment