Wednesday 8 May 2013

Sworn to Raise

**
2 Stars/5



Thanks to Netgalley and All Night Reads for giving me this book to review.

Ciardis has grown up with the people in her small vale always looking down on her, however, after all the plans she has made begin crumbling around her, Ciardis’s luck changes as she is chosen to train at the Companions guild, a position which a lowly laundress should not be available to her. Now she must learn and discover skills to be able to attract a patron and help the prince discover what is wrong with his powers.

Sworn to Raise is an ok fantasy book that has court politics, a strong heroine and magic, however, that being said I could not get into it and it felt like there was something missing.

A big problem with this book was that I did not care about any of the characters as I could not bond to them.  Also it felt like the story was all jumbled together and did not connect making it at some points a bit confusing.

Even though Sworn to Raise should have been my type of book I just could not get into it and therefore I cannot recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment