Sunday 4 May 2014

Fighting for Infinity

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and All Night Reads for giving me this book to review.

Maryah’s soul is stuck at the mercy of the evil Dedrick, in a windowless room with fellow prisoner, Rina. At the same time Nathan is beside himself with worry for Maryah who has not woken up and Dedrick’s soul has visited the Kindrily house. With secret, lies and revelations surfacing Maryah struggles to know who to trust and how to get free. Guided by the enigmatic Rina, she finds out more about herself and that Dedrick has a diabolical plan and must fight both body and soul to save those she loves.

Fighting for Infinity is a really good finish to the Kindrily trilogy, as it is action packed, romantic and I could not put it down because I had to know what happened next. While for most of the book I did not know what was happening next and made me doubt what I knew about some of the characters, I guessed about the big surprise from near the beginning and I was hoping for a more unexpected twist.

Maryah is stronger in this book and while she is helpless at times, she never gave up and is willing to fight for those she loves. However, part of me was wishing that Maryah would not get her memories back, as Mary come across to me as a control freak and a know it all. I really like Nathan as he was worried and very protective of Maryah but was not possessive and knew that sometimes, but not all the time, she had to do things for herself. The new character Rina is mysterious and naïve yet wise at the same time and is a really interesting character.


I really liked this series and I hope there might be a spin-off maybe about Rina and I would like to read her other series the Sea Monsters Memoirs. I would recommend Fighting for Infinity to fans of the first 2 books Grasping at Eternity and Taking back Forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment