Wednesday 3 February 2016

Siren's Song

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Thomas Nelson for giving me this book to review.

With Tulla under siege from Draewulf’s army, Nym, Eogan and a handful of others rush to warn Cashlin’s queen, only to discover that it may be too late to for this eerie kingdom. With the Luminescents searching through Nym’s past, the queen is looking into her future and Nym is given 3 choices to defeat Draewulf, but none of them are guaranteed and the costs might be great. Nym is raising an army of peasants but will this along with her elemental powers be enough to stop Draewulf and his dark plans?

Siren’s Song is the enjoyable concluding book in the Storm Siren trilogy. It is action-packed, romantic and fast paced but I did not feel like it was as good as the first novel. As I had not read the first two books in a while I found it hard to remember what was happening and who everyone is.

Nym is resilient, stubborn and is determined to stop Draewulf, but she is also compassionate, selfless and wants to protect people. Eogan is brave and is still affected by being possessed by Draewulf, however, I did get annoyed at him keeping things to himself and not talking to Nym. I also like Kel as he was sweet and cute and behaved just like most 7 year olds in that situation would do.


This is a good ending to the series and I look forward to reading more books from Mary Weber. I would recommend Siren’s Song to fans of the first two novels in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment