Friday 27 January 2017

Non-Heir

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Rachel E Carter for giving me this book to review.

Non-Heir is the prequel novella to The Black Mage series, in which we discover how Darren and Blayne became the people they are in the series. It is really well written and has a dark tone.

We get to understand Darren’s motives and why he acts so cold and competitive, also why he is so protective of Blayne. Darren is complex and, despite everything that has happened to him, he still has goodness in him and he is really lonely. I was not expecting how sorry I felt for Blayne and I understood how he turned into a monster after everything his father put him through, this doesn’t mean I agree or in anyway like him, apart from when he was young, but he is also a victim.


This novella is a great addition to this series which really adds to the story. I would recommend Non-Heir to fans of The Black Mage series.

No comments:

Post a Comment