Sunday 26 March 2017

Mindcop Dossiers

***
3/5


Thanks to T A Uner for giving me this book to review.

Doctor Mars

In the early 22nd century, Mars has been terraformed and is inhabited by humans. Liberty Rise is a gifted mutant, who is a member of the Mars Colonial Police Force, and uses her power to manipulate time, to help solve crimes. When a murder investigation involves the scientist Dr Hitzig, it threatens the safety of not just Liberty but all of Mars.

Doctor Mars is an enjoyable sci-fi/paranormal crime novella which has action and a bit of romance. It is fast paced which makes the book seem even shorter but it has a unique concept and a good setting.

All of the characters are strong, distinctive and interesting including the bad guys. Liberty is a very strong female character who is resilient and intelligent and I look forward to seeing more of her.

The ending had something I did not expect and this novella is an enjoyable introduction to the series and I look forward to reading the next book. I would recommend to fans of sci-fi crime short stories.



I, Mars

Liberty Rise is still haunted by the death of her boyfriend Cal. Now Mars Colonial Police Force have another threat to deal with, from their enemy Slow Fly. He has taken control of a mining outpost on Phobos, one of Mars’s moons. However, when Liberty discovers some information about Cal, the stakes become even higher but will she be able to cope with the truth?

I, Mars is the enjoyable sequel to Doctor Mars, and although it is a fairly short story it goes a bit more in-depth than the previous book. This book is well written, has an interesting story, and good world building.

I liked how determined Liberty was, even if it would cost her career, and she is smart but also less reserved than in the last book. There are interesting side characters but I cannot say my favourite without spoiling the book, but I hope there is more of him in the next book. 

This has a great potential to become a really good book series, and I would recommend I, Mars to fans of the first novella, Doctor Mars.



Forever Mars

Forever Mars is an enjoyable sci-fi story which is faced paced. It is predictable but also action packed. There is more world building in this novel compared to the previous ones but I would like it if there was more.

Liberty has good instincts and will do anything to fight for justice. Lok is a new character and he is likeable as he is trying to understand humanity and friendship. However, I am bored with Slow Fly as the baddie now, as I know that Liberty and MCPF will beat him, and I hope in the next book there will be a new villain.


I liked this book and am looking forward to reading the next book. I would recommend Forever Mars to fans of the first two Mindcop Dossiers books.

No comments:

Post a Comment