Sunday 6 August 2017

Dreamscape: Saving Alex

***
3/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Pikko’s House for giving me this book to review.

Dreamscape: Saving Alex is a fun YA fantasy book with adventure, action and romance. This book had a cool concept as I enjoy video games but it did not grab me in the first half of the book but it did pick up in the second half. I liked and enjoyed the world, even if it was a bit unoriginal and I wish it had more gaming elements to it.

I was not a fan of Alex in the beginning as she was whinny, annoying and full of angst but I understood as I bet if I was in her position when I was her age I would have acted the same, if not worse. But she does grow and develop during the book. Arrow is a natural leader who is loyal and protective.


Though I guessed it would happen I was not a fan of the ending and I hope that if there is a sequel it will get a better ending. I would recommend Dreamscape: Saving Alex to fans of Nexis by A L Davroe and The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment