Thursday 28 December 2017

Successor's Promise


****
4/5


Successor’s Promise is the very good third book in the Millennium’s Rule series but I felt it was not as engaging as the first two novels. However, it was amazingly written with brilliant world building. It had action, political intrigue, romance and magic. On the other hand, I felt like that the structure of the first two books didn’t work this well in this one as Rielle and Tyen interacted more and their stories were so interlaced that I just wanted to know what the other person was doing or thinking.

I understand the conflict Tyen felt in this book but I did wish he would either pick a side or talk about his problems with someone rather than constantly beat himself up. Rielle has grown so much more in confidence in this book but this means she has become less trusting and more protective. Qall was not my favourite character as for the first half of the book he stubbornly did not seem to understand how seriousness of the situation he was in, but he was also a bit mysterious as he was the only character that we could not see his thoughts or feelings.


While this book was not my favourite in the Millennium’s Rule series I did enjoy it, and am looking forward to reading the final book, Maker’s Curse. I would recommend Successor’s Promise to fans of the first two books in this series or other works by Trudi Canavan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment