Sunday 31 December 2017

The Song Rising

***
3/5


The Song Rising is the enjoyable third book in the Bone Season series. It was slower paced and I felt less was going on in the first half of the book but it did really pick up near the end where I didn’t want to put it down. I enjoyed the adventure, twists, political manoeuvring, and romance that was in this book. One thing this book did better than the previous two was the world building as it was so much better as we got to see more of the UK and hear about the difficulties faced in other countries.

Paige is such a great character as we the reader really feel the tremendous stress she is under with her new responsibilities as Underqueen and the odds of her winning this battle ever decreasing. She is also a good character we feel her belief that she is a failure, and willingness to do whatever she can for her people. There are so many side characters in this series, from Warden to Nick, Eliza and Maria, with so many more in-between, and I believe that there will be more interesting characters to come in the future. I really like the character of Jaxon as he is a really complex and interesting personality.


I really enjoyed the ending of this book and with the story going in a direction I was not expecting I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book. I would recommend The Song Rising to fans of the first two books in this series, The Bone Season and The Mime Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment