Wednesday 30 May 2018

Furyborn

****
4/5



Furyborn is a really good new adult fantasy book which was unique because there is 1000 years different between the two protagonists. The opening chapter was amazing and really set the scene, which meant for one of the stories I was wondering why and how that chapter came about rather than what was going to happen next. However, it was predictable as only one thing in the book surprised me. The pacing wasn’t quite right as well, as the first half of the book felt rather slow, but it really picks up and I couldn’t put it down.

Rielle just wants to be loved and accepted for you she is, as she has spent all her life suppressing her emotions and is filled with guilt. Eliana is quite different to Rielle, as she is fierce, strong and very protective of those she loves and would do absolutely anything to keep them safe. I really liked the side characters from both time periods as they bought so much to the story. Audric is powerful and intelligent but also kind and caring, I loved Ludivine and her friendship with Rielle, and Corien is such a mystery but he is very manipulating and has his own agenda. Remy is such a sweetheart and adorable, and if anything happens to him I will never forgive Legrand, Simon is selfless and I feel we have only just scratched the surface of him and his story, Navi is loyal to her country but also very friendly and I get the feeling she is a bit lonely, and Harken is a character of great potential and I hope we haven’t seen the end of him, as I felt he balanced Eliana out well.

I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the sequel. I would recommend Furyborn to fans of The Sin Eater’s Daughter and Thief’s Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment