Saturday 30 June 2018

Heartless

***
3/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Pan Macmillan for giving me this book to review.

I enjoyed Heartless but I think I would have liked it more if I was a fan of Alice in Wonderland as it is full of references, and also weirdness with I know it part of wonderland but I didn’t get on with it. It is well written like all of Meyer’s books but I did find it a bit forgettable. I would really recommend not reading this when on a diet as it will make you want to bake and eat with its vivid description of the food.

Cath is whiny, naïve, and has no backbone, and by trying to please everyone she ultimately pleases no one. Jest is mysterious and charming but no as interesting as some of Meyer’s other male leads.

While I still enjoyed this book, it did not grab me as much as Meyer’s other novels. I would recommend Heartless to those who enjoy the world of Wonderland or books about villain’s backstories.

No comments:

Post a Comment