Tuesday 19 June 2018

Tess of the Road

**
2/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Random House Children’s for giving me this book to review.

Tess of the Road is a companion novel to Seraphina, but I did not grab me like that book. I think my main problem with this book was that was really slow paced, and it isn’t what I want in an adventure fantasy novel. I like to escape into a book and leave the realistic things in the real world, but this book was not an easy read as it is emotionally draining, which meant this book was more about Tess learning to accept the past and herself and less about having a fun adventure.

Tess is an interesting character and at some points I liked her with her stubbornness but also how emotionally damaged she was, but at other times she seemed so selfish, spiteful and unable to compromise that I just could not connect with her.

While I DNF Tess of the Road at 44% I would still recommend it to those who enjoyed Seraphina but are looking for a book about self-discovery rather than adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment