Friday 31 August 2018

Renegades

****
4/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Pan Macmillan for giving me this book to review.

Renegades is a very good and fast paced superhero book, which is very well written, as I have come to expect from Meyer. I liked that the morals in this book were not simple, as the good guys are nowhere near perfect and you could really understand the motives of the baddies. I also liked the developing star-crossed romance between Adrian and Nova. However, this book felt like it was just an introduction to the world rather than a normal book with a beginning, middle and end.

Nova is distant, emotionally scarred, and not surprisingly jaded, but she is also astute and perceptive. Adrian is brave, idealistic and compassionate but is also gullible and too trusting. While they are not as fleshed out as Nova and Adrian, I really liked the secondary characters from Honey and Ingrid to Max, Ruby and Oscar.

I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading the next book, Archenemies. I would recommend Renegades to fans of Marissa Meyer or those who enjoy reading Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment