Wednesday 29 August 2018

The Battlemage

***
3/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Hachette Children’s Group for giving me this book to review.

The Battlemage is the enjoyable third and final book in the Summoner series. It had lots of action with a battle between good and prejudice, domination and greed. I would highly recommend rereading the previous books before starting this one as for the first third of the novel I was very confused about what was happening.

Fletcher has become more responsible in this book as he is a natural leader who fights for what is right but will defer to those who have more knowledge. I like Othello, Sylva and Cress, and I really like the friendship between all of the friends, however, for a good third of the book they were not around and I felt it really impacted the story.

I enjoyed this book and I look forward to seeing what Taran Matharu does next. I would recommend Battlemage to fans of the first 2 books in the Summoner series.

No comments:

Post a Comment