Thursday 27 September 2018

The Treasure of Isian

****
4/5



Thanks to Serena Clarke for giving me this book to review.

The Treasure of Isian is a very fun and enjoyable romantic fantasy book which has a fairytale feel to the world. The story is full of adventure, magical creatures and good world building. While predictable it did not stop the story from being a really good read and I did not want to put the book down.

Elani is a lovely main character as she is kind and hardworking but at the beginning of the book she lacks confidence and self-worth but it was a nice progression her developing them during the story. I was not the biggest fan of Garin as he seemed too proud and lacked patience and empathy towards Elani. However, he did grow on me as I saw that most of this is a façade and that he is an adventurous and determined person who cares for his people. One character I really liked is Ander as he is caring and truly an all-round good guy and I hope we see more of him.

I really liked this book and I am looking forward to reading the next book The Alliance of Isian. I would recommend The Treasure of Isian to fans of the Stolen Royals by Kelsey Keating and the Nine Princesses novellas by Anita Valle.

No comments:

Post a Comment