Thursday 29 November 2018

Nobody's Pawn

****
4/5



Nobody’s Pawn is the good final book in this trilogy and it is still fast paced and I did not want to put the book down. I really liked the slow burn romance, the world building and the commentary about gender roles. It answered all of the questions I had from the previous books and I did not predict where the story was going at all.

Noll has really matured in this story as she is more forgiving than before while also willing to step up to responsibility of people’s expectations of her as well still being as passionate and adventurous as before. Ailill seems more relaxed in this book but still has so many secrets which seems to take their toll on him. While the other characters are interesting and I enjoyed getting to know them, I wish I could knock some sense into most of them as everyone seemed to be thinking with their hearts but never with their heads and no one seemed to actually have the conversations they need with anyone.

I really enjoyed this series and I am very much looking forward to reading more of Mcnulty’s Books. I would recommend Nobody’s Pawn to fans of the first two books in this trilogy, and the trilogy to those who like surprisingly deep and twist filled YA fantasy books.

No comments:

Post a Comment