Tuesday 18 August 2015

Riot of Storm and Smoke

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Jennifer Ellision for giving me this book to review.

Bree and her friends Aleta and Tregle have escaped the King and with the help of the Underground set of to the safety of Nereidium. However, Bree has a secret, that she is the rightful ruler of Nereidium and not Aleta but she cannot reveal this as Aleta would be a better Queen than her. With the King furious at Bree and Aleta’s escape, Prince Caden tries to rally his people against his tyrant father. However, no one is safe as the King has a new weapon which can kill hundreds at a time and may prevent Bree and Caden plan’s to stop him.

Riot of Storm and Smoke is a really good sequel and does not suffer the problems that often happen in middle books. I read this book really fast as I had to find out what happened next, but, I did find the beginning, with Bree and friends travelling, a bit dull. This book has the POV from both Bree and Caden and has more twists and action than the last book.

Bree is struggling in this book as she has lost her confidence and is tortured by what happened to her Da and Kat, but is still the practical barmaid she was in the first book. I liked Caden in this book as we got to see more of him and how loyal he is to his people. However, near the end of the book I found they were not very understanding but given how stressed they both were they did not act unrealistic. I was worried that there was going to be a love triangle with the introduction of a new female character but thankfully I had nothing to worry about.


I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading the next book Fall of Thrones and Thorns. I would recommend Riot of Storm and Smoke to fans of the first book Threats of Sky and Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment