Monday 15 August 2016

Bound by Birthright

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Patchwork Press for giving me this book to review.

Bound by Birthright is a very likeable light fantasy novel. It is very fast paced with action, romance and adventure. However, the insta-love was irritating and for the most part I found the story predictable.

Arabella is naïve, friendly and impulsive and for the most part I liked her but she did act a bit too proper and self-centred and I wished she would realise what it is like for her staff. Robert is protective and hardworking while also being loyal and open minded. There are lots of other characters in this book such as the mothering but stern Constance, the elf hating Abner and Arabella’s maids Jocelyn and Emeline, but I hope they are more fleshed out subsequent books.


I did not expect that ending and it is going to make things interesting in the next book Bound to Endure. I would recommend Bound by Birthright to fans of Cutlass by Ashley Nixon and Of Sea and Stone by Kate Avery Ellison.

No comments:

Post a Comment