Monday 29 August 2016

Nexis

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Entangled Publishing for giving this book to review.
                                 
Nexis is a really enjoyable sci-fi/dystopian novel which has lots of action, romance, mystery and a few twists. This book keeps you on the edge of your seat as it is fast paced especially once Ella has started her quest in Nexis. I loved the idea of Nexis and part of me would love for it to be real.

Ella has a hard time in this book as she is depressed and confused, and she is an outsider who does not fit in. However, she is also resilient and intelligent. Gus is confident, cocky and charismatic, and he is caring towards Ella and they have a real chemistry. However, he might have an ulterior motive and I could not tell who he was in the real world. I felt that the side characters could be more developed as the only one got to know is Meems.


I found the ending rushed and confusing but I am looking forward to reading the next book Redux. I would recommend Nexis to people who enjoyed Of Beauty and Beast by Stacey Jay and The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment