Tuesday 27 February 2018

The Fire Queen

***
3/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Skyscape for giving me this book to review.

The Fire Queen is the light, fast paced sequel to The Hundredth Queen which improved on the world building and descriptive writing. However, I found the story very predictable as it was so similar to the first book. I also was not a fan of the love triangle in this book, and while I liked the alternating POVs in this book as we got to see more story, it did make me like Deven less.

Kali is a good character as she knows what she wants now and is very loyal to her country and the people in it. I wish Deven would grow a pair as in the entire book he was moping around, pushing people away, and then was upset that they weren’t around. I found Ashwin’s character a bit inconsistent but also naïve and a pushover. Brother Shaan’s character changed completely in this book as he seemed a bit shady.


While this book is not perfect I still enjoyed it, and am looking forward to reading The Rogue Queen. I would recommend The Fire Queen to fans of the first book The Hundredth Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment