Thursday 13 February 2014

The Seers

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Strange Chemistry for giving me this book to review.

After almost dying, Becca has only one clue to find the power mad Darragh, and that is a man called Ciaran Shea. Becca, her boyfriend Alex, her estranged father Jocelyn and Cormac set out to meet the Bhunaidh, an aristocratic pure blood group of the Holders who Ciaran is rumoured to be a member of them. However, it seems they are not the only ones after Ciaran, and that the Bhunaidh might not be as uninvolved with Darragh as they seem.

The Seers is a quick, enjoyable and fun paranormal book. It is also not as predictable as The Holders, as I did not see most of the twists coming.

It was enjoyable to learn more about Becca’s powers and she is the same person we grew to like as she is protective and caring, apart at the end of the book, as she is not there for someone when they need her, which seems out of character. I really like Alex as he seems kind and caring, but is also comes across as a regular guy, and I love the romance as it is really sweet and normal. My favourite new character is Bastian as he is witty, arrogant and really interesting.


With the cliff-hanger ending I really want to know what happens next. I would recommend The Seers to fans of The Holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment