Saturday 2 February 2013

Devil's Due

***
3 Stars/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin UK Ltd for giving me this book to review.

Lucia Garza is stuck in the middle of a power struggle between two powerful but sinister psychic organisations The Cross Society and Eidolon. She and her partner Jazz have been working with The Cross Society believing they are the good guys however, she is not sure who she can trust anymore, even Jazz’s ex-partner and their newly hired private detective Ben McCarthy.

Devil’s Due is the Second book in Caine’s Red Letter Day series and starts right where Devil’s Bargain left but from the point of view of Lucia instead of Jazz. This book is fast paced and has nonstop action and tension.

While I enjoyed this book I just could not connect with Lucia even though I am more like her than Jazz. I think part of this might be because her past is mentioned quite a bit but we never get to find out much about it.

I also could not feel the chemistry between Lucia and her love interest and just could not understand why they were drawn together. However, I could feel that Jazz and Lucia clicked as, while they are both different, they are really good friends and work well together.

While I did prefer Devil’s Bargain, this book did wrap up the series nicely and has a good and interesting story. I would recommend Devil’s Due to people who like Devil’s Bargain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment