Tuesday 26 February 2013

On Dublin Street

***
3 Stars/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Penguin Books Ltd for giving me this book to review.

As a teenager, Jocelyn Butler left America and all the painful memories of her dead family and moved to Edinburgh. Now in her 20s she is moving in to a new house on Dublin Street, where she gets to know her new roommate Ellie and her attractive brother Braden. However, can Joss protect her heart from both of them or will her arrangement between her and Braden grow into something more.

I have read and really enjoyed Samantha Young’s YA books and decided to give this a go even though it is not my normal type of book. On Dublin Street is a quick read and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Joss is an interesting person who is stubborn but also very vulnerable which likable in a character. Braden is a good male lead but I did not like how possessive he was. My favourite Character is Ellie as I feel we have the most in common and I liked how sweet and nice she is.

While I liked this book I’m not sure I will read Down London Road as I’m not sure how Young will deal with the ME/CFS of the main woman’s mother, as I know people with this illness and would hate to see it dismissed. I would recommend On Dublin Street to people who like nice and easy to read romance novels.


No comments:

Post a Comment