Saturday 2 February 2013

Drawn

***
3 Stars/5



Michelle De Freccio and her father have just moved to England and all Michelle wants is to be normal and not be known for having a psychic mother and a brother who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. However she soon starts drawing a knight called Christopher from the 1400’s. As she starts getting drawn into his world, she does not know if this is real or if she is going crazy.

Drawn is a fun Young Adult read about time travel and a timeless love. It was slow to start but picked up a bit as the book progressed. I wish there was more far-reaching consequences to the butterfly-effect in this book as it would have been more interesting than the little bits seen in Drawn.

I liked Michelle as she is a strong person even though she is an outcast, which makes really easy to connect to. I just did not like Christopher although I cannot put my finger on why, maybe because most of the book you did not know if her was real or not and good or not.

I did not like the ending and wished Lamba would have written it differently. I would recommend this to people who like Timeless by Alexandra Monir.

No comments:

Post a Comment