Monday 18 February 2013

The Indigo Spell

*****
5 Stars/5



Sydney is feeling very conflicted between what the Alchemist’s have taught her and what her heart feels after the events of the last book. Therefore she goes in search of Marcus Finch a former Alchemist who has escaped and has a way of stopping them controlling. At the same time an evil witch is targeting young women with magical powers and Sydney must master her abilities or she might be next.

The Indigo Spells the brilliant third book in the Bloodlines series which has romance, action and an unpredictable plot. While this book is excellent, it definitely felt like a middle book and I hope we get to explore more about the Alchemists world in the next book.

Sydney is much more uncertain about everything in this book compared to Bloodlines and The Golden Lily which I felt added another level to her. I also like that she is less obsessed about what she ate as I did not like that aspect of her. I love that we got to see another side of Adrian and how really sweet and romantic he is.

I hope we get to see more of Jill, Eddie and Angeline in the next few books, as since Bloodlines, they seem to becoming less important characters as the series goes on.

I can’t wait for The Fiery Heart to come out in autumn, especially as it is told from the point of view of both Sydney and Adrian. I would recommend The Indigo Spell to people who enjoyed Vampire Academy and liked the other novels in the Bloodlines series.

No comments:

Post a Comment